He started of the lesson with talking about him self. His past seems so exiting, he has been so many places. He has been so many places that, when people ask him where he`s from, he doesn't really know what to answer. Mr.Dwyer talked also about all the cool stuff he has planed for us this year. He seems really cool and i am really looking forward to getting to know him :)
This unit is about Wilderness First Responder. We are learning about the different kinds and the ways to handle trauma. I think this unit will be very interesting, because i don't know very much about it.
After all the talking we went outside for the last hour. Mr.Dwyer wanted us to do something, a competition. We went into groups and each student in that group got a number from 1-4. I don't remember the order, but each number represented a handicap. Each person form the group got one handicap. They either got: Not being able to talk, not being able to move their legs, not being able to see or having to wearing big, warm winter gloves. Everyone from the group had to complete the obstacle course Mr.Dwyer had made with their handicaps and come back to clip a hanger on his shoe. All the groups had to do this straight after each other while Mr.Dwyer took the time. The whole MYP is going to do this and i hope we were fastest. Our first time we got something around 5 minutes and the last time i think we got something around 2 and a half minutes. The first time we did this i think everyone was a bit confused. I don't know about the others but i did not understand that we were going straight after the other team. I thought I was competing against the other teams in my class. This exercise was very fun. I was the blind person once and it was so hard. It was so scary, I didn't want top run into something so I was very careful. It was very stressing as well because everyone was yelling at me and Marlene, who was leading me, just dragged me and yelled, "Come on, Dina! It`s no big deal!" But it kind of was. I think, at least my group, was not exactly great on the communicating part. -.-
I learned somethings from this game. I learned to never stress a person who has a handicap! If someone is blind I will never ever drag them around and yell at them so they get nervous! :) I also learned that it can be very hard to have any of these handicaps. I can't imagine how it must feel for the people who have them.
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar